Throughout a gaggle name, FaceTime mechanically enlarges the window of whoever’s talking. This implies when you’ve got 4 or extra individuals on a name, the home windows will resize, float, and bounce round throughout a gaggle name. It may be distracting and complicated.
In the event you’d quite preserve your entire FaceTime home windows static and the identical dimension throughout a name, there’s fast manner to do this within the newest iOS and iPadOS variations, in addition to the newest model of macOS.
These directions are for an iPhone, however the course of for the iPad must be related. First, be sure that your FaceTime app is updated by checking to see when you’re operating iOS 13.5 or iPadOS 13.5:
- Open settings.
- Go to “Normal.”
- Faucet “Software program Replace.”
- If an replace is offered, you’ll see it right here. If not, your system will inform you it’s updated.
Now that your software program’s updated, right here’s how one can cease the home windows from resizing.
- Open settings.
- Scroll down and faucet FaceTime.
- Navigate to “Computerized Prominence.”
- Toggle off “Talking.”
On a Mac
First, be sure that your Mac is operating Catalina 10.15.5:
- Click on on the apple icon within the left nook of the menu bar.
- Choose “System Preferences.”
- Open “Software program Replace.”
- You’ll see what macOS you’re on and if any updates can be found right here.
To alter your FaceTime preferences:
- Open up FaceTime.
- Click on on “FaceTime” within the left facet of the menu bar on the high of the display screen.
- Choose “Preferences” (or press ⌘ – ,).
- Within the pop-up window, beneath “Computerized Prominence,” uncheck the field subsequent to “Talking.”
In the course of the name you possibly can double-click on an individual’s window to maximise them, and this may grey out the opposite home windows, however aside from that, everybody’s home windows will stay static and the identical dimension. The corners of the home windows will nonetheless overlap on each cell and desktop.